Area: 30 minutes from Salt Lake City
Seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join a Neurology practice
This position attends to patient needs with utmost patience, care, compassion, and understanding while performing tasks such as conducting tests, recording medical histories, providing treatments, assisting physicians, and enhancing public awareness on the importance of health
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Contribute to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed, providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing physician directives.
2. Assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; and obtaining, updating, and reviewing medical histories.
3. Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies.
4. Interpret test results of diagnostic tests.
5. Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
6. Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations, suturing, and managing wounds and infections.
7. Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens, giving normal growth and development information, discussing family planning, providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living, and promoting wellness and health maintenance.
8. Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
9. Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
10. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
11. Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
12. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Required: Master’s degree in nursing - evidence of completion of an RN program and Utah State Licensure required. OR. Graduate of an accredited PA educational program, including National Certification and Utah State Licensure.
Independent, physician-owned multi-specialty clinic made up of over 500 employees, including 85 healthcare providers in 18 specialties.
For more information please contact Ryan Hawkins at [email protected] or call 716-689-6000.